Midnight Snack Series
Our Midnight Snack series features ideas to cure Midnight Hunger.
Pick your poison this Halloween with a couple easy-to-make ppooky snacks. This month we feature some mini mummies and some irresistible bats.
What could be better than mixing some salty with sweet? Wrapped mini mummies chocolate-covered pretzels combine both for a midnight snack that hits the spot!
18 pretzels ( rods, 18-20 )
12 ounces melting chocolate ( white, such as Ghirardelli )
to taste hard candy ( candy eyeballs )
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip pretzel rods into white chocolate, covering about 2/3 of the pretzel. Gently tap pretzel rod on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place two candy eyeballs on each pretzel rod (if they slip off, let the chocolate set for about a minute first). Place on waxed paper to set. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Carefully spoon remaining chocolate into a zip-top bag or squeeze bottle. If using a bag, snip of a small corner. Drizzle white chocolate over the pretzels, being careful not to cover the eyes, to resemble a mummy. Let white chocolate set completely before serving.
Creepy irrisistable Bats
These bats will seriously fly off the plate if you even have enough patience to create these lil creatures. With only 3 ingredients, let snacking time take flight. You don't have to sleep upside down to make your way to the fridge to snack on these wings.
Bonus pro snacking tip: dip in cold milk and go full size Reeses cups. It's Halloween, indulge in some sweets!
- Miniature Reeses cups
- Thin Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Pre-made (or homemade) cream cheese frosting
- Edible eyes
- Remove the wrappers from the Reeses cups.
- Break the cookies in half and then separate all of the pieces from one another so you now have four "bat wings". Scrape off the frosting and discard (or eat!)
- Fill up a plastic bag with the store bought or homemade frosting. Cut off the tip of the bag and pipe frosting onto the back corners of the broken cookie pieces.
- Press one cookie piece on the left of the Reeses cup and another cookie piece on the right of the Reeses cup.
- Pipe frosting on the back of the edible eyes and secure on top of the center of the Reeses cup.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.