Midnight Snack Series
Your heart may skip a beat when you see these recipes for Chocolate Dipped and Decorated Pretzels and Oreo Truffle Valentine's Hearts!
Chocolate Dipped and Decorated Pretzels
These Valentine’s Day Pretzel Treats are easy, quick, and affordable.
- Pretzel rods and/or twists
- 1 package candy melts in red, pink, or white
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Candy sprinkles (red, pink, and white or heart shaped!
- Gather your favorite pretzel snacks.
- Use a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening to about a cup of candy melts. Microwave the melts in 30 second intervals, stirring each time in between until the melts are smooth and creamy.
- Place a large sheet of wax paper over a hard surface. Dip and cover each pretzel covering about a third of the surface. Tap the pretzel on the side of the bowl to remove excess candy.
- Place the dipped pretzels on a sheet of wax paper and decorate with your favorite candy sprinkles.
- Let the dipped pretzels harden for about an hour. You can also place them in the fridge for a quick chill.
Credit: 5 Minutes For Mom
Oreo Truffle Hearts
Truffles in the shape of a heart: creamy inside with a crunch on the outside!
- 24 Oreo cookies-crushed into fine crumbs
- 5 oz. softened cream cheese
- 12-14 oz. high quality white chocolate (you can use white chocolate candy coating or vanilla almond bark)
- Heart shaped sprinkles optional
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Crush whole Oreos with the filling in a really fine crumbs and combine it with softened cream cheese.
- You can do this by hands, press it with a back of the spoon, or use a mixer with paddle attachment(the mixture is really thick and I prefer to knead it by hand).
- When it’s all evenly combined transfer the mixture onto baking paper and spread it in an even layer about 1/2 inch thick (or more, depending how large is your cookie cuter).
- Place the tray in the freezer for 45 mins (or more) until it’s harden enough for cutting.
- Cut out the truffles with heart shaped cookie cuter and place them back in the freezer for 20-30 mins(truffles must be frozen before dipping into chocolate).
- Line another tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Take a few hearts from the freezer ( so the rest won’t soften while you are working) and dip one frozen hearts at the time into melted chocolate with a fork. Tap off the excess chocolate and transfer the hearts onto baking paper and top with sprinkles (if you don’t want to dip them twice in the chocolate). If you want to cover the truffles with second layer of chocolate( like I did), then after first dipping into chocolate, place chocolate covered hearts in the freezer to harden the chocolate faster and repeat the dipping process, and then top with sprinkles.
- Work in small batches because the heart must be frozen when place them into melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge(or freezer for longer storage).
Credit: OMG Chocolate Desserts
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.