Midnight Snack Series
Our Midnight Snack series features ideas to cure Midnight Hunger.
Celebrate the start of 2017 all night long and try these midnight snack recipes for White Chocolate New Year's Eve Puppy Chow and New Year’s Eve POP corn!
White Chocolate New Year's Eve Puppy Chow
If you’re looking for a quick NYE snack recipe, this is the one for you! Everyone loves puppy chow, so you know it will be a hit at any party. Make this batch extra special by using gold sprinkles and edible gold stars!
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 1 package white chocolate candiquik
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Gold glitter sprinkles
- Edible gold star sprinkles
- In a large bowl, place the chex cereal. Set aside.
- Use a knife to divide the candiquik into squares for easier melting. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the candiquik and vegetable shortening. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Before pouring the chocolate, make sure to reserve some (about 1/4 cup) for drizzling on top of the puppy chow. Pour the chocolate on top of the chex and gently mix to evenly coat the cereal.
- Quickly transfer the chocolate covered cereal to a large gallon sized ziploc bag. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar, seal and shake viciously until the cereal is coated. If the cereal is not completely coated, add another 1/2 cup powdered sugar and shake again.
- Pour the cereal onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining white chocolate on top of the cereal and then add the gold sprinkles and edible gold stars. I like to work in small sections when drizzling the chocolate so it doesn’t harden before I add the sprinkles.
- Allow the puppy chow to set on the pan for 15 minutes. Place the puppy chow in a bowl and add additional gold stars.
Credit: The First Year
New Year’s Eve POP! Corn
If you stay at home for the evening, always try to have some fun with the kids! A little glitz, pop, & sprinkle will help ring in the New Year!
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave.
- Follow the directions on the package of chocolate melts & melt in the microwave.
- In a large bowl combine the popcorn & melted chocolate & mix together.
- Spread it on a large baking sheet & allow to dry.
Add your glitter stars & pearlized sprinkles, tossing around together lightly, because the fun part is having the stars & sprinkles show up on top of your popcorn.
Credit: Nest of Posies
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.